Do you have the vision and passion to be involved in governing a cooperatively owned business? Consider running for a position as a director on the Salem Electric Board. Directors oversee the work of the general manager and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Each director is elected or reelected by the membership to a three-year term.
Being on the Board is a serious but rewarding commitment. Members of the Board are expected to:
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Understand Salem Electric’s goals, policies, and programs
- Act as an ambassador for the cooperative
- Provide input on member programs and services
- Evaluate the performance of the general manager
- Approve Salem Electric’s annual budget
- Set rates
An individual can achieve nomination for a director position by written petition. Petition packets are available at Salem Electric’s office. Contact Salem Electric at SE@SalemElectric.com or 503-362-3601.