Electric Vehicle Level 2 Charger Incentive
Residential Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger Incentive
A $500 incentive is available for residential Salem Electric members who purchase and install a ChargePoint Home Flex electric vehicle charger from Salem Electric (NEMA 6-50 and NEMA 14-50 models). The ChargePoint Home Flex charger retails for $699 and will cost residential SE members $199 after receiving the $500 incentive.
- The charger must be purchased from Salem Electric and be installed at a residential address that receives electric service from Salem Electric.
- Installation must take place within 60 days of the purchase date.
- Only one incentive per installation address.
- The member must provide the make(s) and model(s) of the electric vehicle associated with the service address.
- The charger must have access to Wi-Fi.
- The member must acknowledge that Salem Electric will have access to their ChargePoint charging data that will be used to help identify future EV initiatives.
- Installation must be in compliance with applicable local, county, and state code requirements.
ChargePoint Home Flex
The ChargePoint Home Flex level 2 charger is available with a NEMA 6-50 plug or a NEMA 14-50 plug.
- The level 2, 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station charges any EV up to 9X faster than a normal wall outlet, with flexible amperage settings from 16 amps to 50 amps and plug-in and hardwired installation options. Use the ChargePoint app to pick the right amperage for your home after installation.
- Works with all electric cars, tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Volt and Bolt EV, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kia NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and many more.
- Charge faster and smarter with the ChargePoint app. Set a schedule to charge when demand for electricity is lowest, set reminders so you never forget to plug in, use Alexa voice control, and see all your ChargePoint charging data in one place.
- Safe and reliable, with a 3-year warranty backed by 24/7 customer support from ChargePoint, a company dedicated to EV charging for 10+ years. UL listed for electrical safety, ENERGY STAR certified for efficiency.
- Easy for any electrician to install indoors or out. Plug-in installation with NEMA 6-50 or 14-50 outlet requires circuits rated 40A or 50A. For other circuit ratings, the plug is easily removed for hardwired installation. Set the charging amperage that's right for you and your home, helping to avoid electrical upgrades.
- For more information about ChargePoint Home Flex chargers visit https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/home/resource/
Steps to purchase a ChargePoint Home Flex EV charger from Salem Electric and receive a $500 incentive:
- Submit the EV Charger Eligibility webform below (a PDF version is available on our Documents page that can be mailed to Salem Electric or submitted by email).
- After the form has been received and your eligibility has been verified, Salem Electric will contact you to make arrangements for the payment and delivery of the charger.
- Make a payment of $699 to Salem Electric to purchase the charger.
- Receive a $500 incentive once the charger is installed.
- Both the NEMA 6-50 and NEMA 14-50 models require a 240v outlet. If you are unsure about which charger you need refer to the graphics below. If you do not plan to connect your charger to an outlet you can remove the plug for hardwired installation.