Board Meeting Summary January 28, 2020
The Board elected to move the March, April, and December board meetings to alternate dates to accommodate scheduling and holiday conflicts.
NRECA Youth Tour:
Griffen Hubbard from McNary High School was selected to represent Salem Electric at the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s (NRECA) Youth Tour in Washington, D.C. in June where over 1,500 students from electric co-ops throughout the United States have the opportunity to tour Washington D.C. and meet with congressional representatives.
2019 Year-end Report Highlights:
- Total expenses, power costs, and operating expenses were all under budget.
- Salem Electric had 35 sustained interruptions in 2019 with an average outage time per member of 10.94 minutes.
- Safety Town presentations were provided to over 1,000 elementary students, over 59,000 phone calls were received, and more than 29,000 people visited the office in 2019, providing a great opportunity to engage with members.
- Energy conservation programs saved over 2.5 million kilowatt hours, enough to power 238 homes for a year.
- An Integrated Voice Response System (IVR) was implemented, providing members 24/7 access for over-the-phone payments.
- A near-real-time outage map was included on SE's website.