Board Meeting Summary August 25, 2020
Joe Van Meter was appointed as the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association voting delegate for their Region 9 meeting.
The September 22, 2020 board meeting will be held via webinar. Members who would like to attend can register by calling or emailing Salem Electric. Determination of whether future meetings will be in-person or via webinar will be evaluated on a month-by-month basis.
- The addition of a substation transformer at Hughes Substation is underway.
- Sixteen electric vehicle chargers have been purchased through the Electric Vehicle Level 2 Charger incentive program.
- Salem Electric’s Information Technology Department created remote work environments for employees that maintain security and enable staff to seamlessly assist members when working from home.
- A combination of in-office work, alternative work schedules, and work-from-home options have helped Salem Electric meet social distancing requirements.
- Effective September 1, office hours will change to Monday–Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the office closed on Fridays. On-call employees will be available on Fridays for emergencies, and the Engineering & Operations Department is scheduling a line crew to work on Fridays.