From a Director — Alicia Bonesteele, February 2020
As we journey into the New Year, we look back to 2019 to reflect on just a few of the community events and sponsorships Salem Electric provided for our members and community.
- School supplies were distributed to elementary and middle schools in our service area.
- Ten members received scholarships towards their full-time undergraduate education.
- Salem Electric sent two students to Washington, D.C. for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association Youth Tour where participants representing 48 states met with their states’ elected officials in Congress, and toured many sights including memorials, the National Archives, and the Library of Congress.
- Salem Electric employees selected the Oregon Paralyzed Veterans of America (OPVA) as their 2019 non-profit to support through fundraising events organized by employees.
- Family-friendly member appreciation events were held in West Salem and Keizer.
- Salem Electric was the title sponsor of the Keizer Chamber of Commerce Holiday Lights Parade with attendance estimated at over 40,000.