COVID-19 Scam Alert – Don’t be the next victim!
Across the country scammers are attempting to capitalize on the COVID-19 pandemic. Using a variety of narratives and methods of communication, scammers are working hard to steal money from innocent victims. A few reported scams have been:
- Businesses offering vaccines and test kits
- Websites offering stimulus check reimbursements
- Fake charities asking for donations
- Businesses offering highly sought after medical equipment
- Scammers posing as family members asking for money for treatment
If you are contacted by a scammer, never give out personal or financial information or click on unknown links or pop-ups. If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, contact the Oregon Department of Justice at 1-877-877-9392.